Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Philosophy's Blue Raspberry Snowcone Shower Gel

We're well into October, that magical time of pumpkin and cider scented everything, yet I'm still soaking in bubble baths full of Philosophy's summer collection inspired by SNOWCONES.  I've written pretty extensively on my addiction to Philosophy's 3-in-1 shower gel, shampoo, and bubble bath.  I've tried TONS and they all smell delicious but this Blue Raspberry Snowcone scent has got to be one of my all-time favorites.

Something about it weirdly reminds me of childhood.  I don't know why; I was never a fan of blue raspberry flavored anything growing up.  But something about it smells so familiar and gloriously artificial in a way that only sugary treats can and that only Philosophy can so perfectly replicate .  Maybe it reminds me of the blue raspberry Sour Straws that were my best friend Jessie's favorite.  We'd go to wrestling tournaments together to watch her brother compete and that's what she always ordered at the snack bar. Or maybe it's reminiscent of some other bath product I adored as a kid.  Remember the sparkly Art Stuff line at Bath & Body Works?  Pretty sure there was a blue raspberry scented shower gel or body glitter (!).

Isn't it funny how scents are so strongly tied to memory?  What are some of the more memorable scents in your life right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment