Friday, January 7, 2011

OPI's Little Teasers set


OPI Burlesque minis
 You may recall my glowing review of The Nail Polish That Makes Everything Instantly Better, OPI's duochrome shimmer The Show Must Go On.  I set out to purchase my very own bottle of that gorgeous pinky-orange glittery shade, but had difficulty finding it.  I did, however, come across a special package OPI created with four mini nail lacquers from the Burlesque collection cleverly titled Little Teasers.  The bottles are perfectly sized at one-eighth of an ounce and the short brush is great for control and precision.  Best of all, it includes The Show Must Go On (as seen in the above pictures, third from left)!  The other three polishes are Rising Star (a glittery solid gold), Take the Stage (glittery warm orange), and Ali's Big Break (glittery true red).  The above pictures still don't really do the colors justice, though.  Rest assured, they are lovely! 

Ali's Big Break is a perfect candy apple red.  The glitter in this polish is much more subtle and not so much "in your face" sparkle overload, which I really like.

Rising Star is a light gold glitter.  I have mixed feelings about this one, but then, anything other than red or pink on my nails usually feels "off" to me.  It's likely just a matter of preference.  I think this would look especially amazing on medium or dark skintones, but I'm not sure how much wear I'll get out of it.  Again, it's probably just my color preference.

I was pleasantly surprised by Take the Stage!  I expected this glittery orange to be my least favorite of the four, but I love it!  It looks more coppery than orange and will look particularly gorgeous in the fall.   

None of the other polishes replaced my enthusiasm for The Show Must Go On, though.  That color is truly unique and unfortunately is difficult to capture in photographs.    

What are your favorite nail polishes?  Have you been able to pull off a nail color you thought you'd hate?

No comments:

Post a Comment