Thursday, January 13, 2011

Can't Live Without Them: Blotting Papers

Blotting papers are another genius product among the likes of dry shampoo and makeup removing towelettes; sure, we certainly could live without them, but now who would want to?  These miniature little sheets are the 21st century equivalent of powdering one's nose.  They control shine and oil much more effectively than powder, yet they don't smudge your makeup.  What a brilliant concept! 

There's almost nothing worse than casually glancing in a mirror midday and discovering your face is more shiny and reflective than polished chrome.  Luckily, blotting papers can fix this problem instantly, without the need to apply any more product.  I first discovered the miracle of blotting papers in junior high and during those years, I was never without a pack of Clean and Clear's Oil Absorbing Sheets in my purse.  I still like them, but they've become increasingly difficult to find.     

These days my blotting papers of choice are from Sephora's house line.  In addition to natural papers, they also come in other varieties: tea tree, lavender, and vitamins C and E.  The lavender papers have kind of an overpowering scent for a product used in such close proximity to your nose, but the vitamin C and E papers are pleasantly citrus scented.  I'm not convinced the extra vitamins actually do anything, but they definitely smell nice.  And at $8 for a pack of 100 sheets, they're also a better value than Clean and Clear's.  They're multi-purpose, too.  When I'm applying dark colored or loose eyeshadow, I like to hold one of these papers under my eyes to catch any fallen pigments and avoid a sprinkling of purple where I just applied concealer.  As if you needed yet another plus for blotting papers, they're also amazingly portable.  What's not to love?       

No comments:

Post a Comment