Thursday, December 16, 2010

The Nail Polish That Makes Everything Instantly Better

I try to update my blog every 2-3 days and usually write entries about a week in advance.  However, this schedule has been derailed due to illness and a few other upheavals as of late.  Luckily, I'm feeling well enough to tell you about the amazing manicure I got a few hours before I came down with the worst virus of my life (also luckily, the two events were unrelated).  I may be sick, but my nails look like a party!

This probably won't surprise anyone, but I'm partial to red nail polish and rarely wear anything else.  I was at the nail salon and all ready to request OPI's I'm Not Really a Waitress, but then another bottle caught my eye.  It was a sparkly, orange-y pink duo-chrome shade from OPI called The Show Must Go On and inspired by the new movie Burlesque (which you HAVE to go see).  I haven't worn glitter on my nails since I was eleven, but this was way too festive and fun to resist.  It's probably the most gorgeous and unique color I've ever tried, and I fully plan to purchase my very own bottle to use whenever I want.  Unfortunately, my camera isn't doing the color justice so I'm borrowing this one from clever polish blog Nailin' It


If you're in the Birmingham area and are in need of a manicure, try the new Canterbury Nails in Cahaba Village.  The salon is beautifully decorated and the staff is excellent.          

No comments:

Post a Comment