Saturday, December 18, 2010

Hair Products You Need to Try Right Now

I've had several requests for a post about amazing hair products.  Here are my top three essentials.  My hair has never looked better!


MoroccanOil
This is THE most popular hair treatment right now.  It's difficult to pinpoint exactly when this trend began, but chances are you've heard numerous celebrities mention their devotion to MoroccanOil.  What's marketed as MoroccanOil is really called argan oil, and a few other companies like Josie Maran sell it too.  Until a few months ago I was horrified at the thought of using oil of any kind on my hair, but the hype is to be believed!  I never understood what having "manageable" hair meant until I tried MoroccanOil for myself.  My hair is smooth, shiny, and healthy; this product somehow perfectly separates my long layers in exactly the right places and even looks like I've taken the time to style it.  All it takes is an evenly distributed dime sized amount on towel dried hair.  Avoid your scalp, though; oil still doesn't belong on your roots. 



Static Guard
While another perk of MoroccanOil is that it seriously cuts down on the staticky flyaways that plague my fine hair during winter, I still need a little extra static protection between shampoos.  Static Guard is another miracle product.  Two or three quick sprays on your hairbrush is all you need to eliminate static!  This product is multipurpose, too.  Just try to use it sparingly, as the fumes can get a little overwhelming if you spray too much. 

Dry Shampoo
This is quite possibly one of the best inventions ever.  On mornings when I sleep too late and don't have time to wash my hair, a few sprays of dry shampoo makes my hair look instantly clean and full of volume.  Really!  I make sure I always have at least two cans, I use it so often (I sleep late a little too much...).  There are many, many brands out there to choose from, but Tresemme's Fresh Start is one of the cheapest and easiest to find.  It's just about everywhere and only $3.99 per can!  It does leave a sort of powdery residue behind that brushes out with no problems, but my hair is also blonde so the residue is less noticeable for me anyway.  Dark haired lovelies might want to tread a bit more carefully with this brand.  Luckily, I hear Bumble and Bumble makes excellent dry shampoos to coordinate with any hair color!        

No comments:

Post a Comment