Monday, February 28, 2011

Think Pink!

Just like Kay Thompson (who wrote the Eloise books!) in this amazing and ridiculously over-the-top clip from Funny Face, I'm thinking pink these days. And mostly I want pink nails and pink lips.




I kicked off my obsession by purchasing OPI's Do You Think I'm Tex-y? from the 2011 Texas-inspired line of spring and summer nail polishes.  This polish features a brand new effect OPI just launched called "sorbet".  It's glossy and more opaque than jelly nail polishes, but still has a faint translucent sheen even with two or three coats.  This shade is gorgeous!  It looks deep fuschia in the bottle but is brighter and more sheer on my nails.  Five other polishes from the Texas collection feature the sorbet effect if pink isn't your thing.  Again, my sad camera doesn't do the color justice, so I'm borrowing this lovely perfect picture from Nailstah.


I then went on the hunt for a new pink lip color to match my new pink nails.  After swatching what seemed like every single pink lipstick in the entire Sephora store, I finally settled on Dior Addict Lipcolor in Hollywood Rose.  The formula is what really sold me.  It's incredible.  I am so sick of matte lipstick right now; Dior Addict feels like glossy lip balm but somehow has the lasting power of a matte lipstick!  It's saturated color while still remaining translucent, like OPI's sorbet concept in a lipstick.  Hollywood Rose is a beautiful berry pink shade that pairs perfectly with my nails (and Daphne eyeshadow!).      


Runner-up pink lip colors were Dior Addict Lipcolor in Show, Korres Mango Butter Lipstick in Natural Pink, and Make Up For Ever #34. 

No comments:

Post a Comment