Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Hair Gadgetry That Actually Works



I've been mistrustful of hair gadgets ever since my much-campaigned-for Topsy Tail failed to deliver its promised hairstyles in the late 90s.  After over a decade now of wariness, imagine my surprise when one of my co-workers revealed that the secret to her gorgeous curls was a mysterious thing called a Whirl A Style.  It's marketed as a gadget to create the perfect bun, but perfect curls are another benefit to this silly sounding product.  I begged her to bring it in and show me exactly how it worked.


I couldn't believe this little piece of silicone was responsible for her tumble of curls and the perfectly shaped bun she sported the day before.  In fact, I wouldn't have believed it had I not seen the Whirl A Style in action, in person.  In less than three minutes, I too, had a perfect bun.  The way you loop your ponytail through the gap was a little challenging with my layers, but after a little practice I got the hang of it. 

To get the curls, all you have to do is make a bun when your hair is damp and let it dry overnight.  I think I've mentioned before how resistant my hair is to holding any sort of curl, but somehow with this ridiculous sounding gadget I have pin-up girl worthy hair (!!!) that actually lasts.

The best part is that it's only five dollars at Claire's!  I can't even begin to total up how much I've spent on curling irons, hot rollers, and mousse to coax my hair into curls before finally accepting my straight hair fate.  The Whirl A Style is definitely worth it.   

1 comment:

  1. I used to have one of these only it wasn't as well made as this one looks. It looked amazing in my hair but broke after a couple of uses because I have a lot of it. This one looks sturdy though!

    ReplyDelete