Friday, February 4, 2011

My Nails Look Like Lace. Yours Can Too!

I adore lace and ever since I saw a woman with a lace manicure, I've wanted one too!  Unfortunately that meant hours spent meticulously cutting out bits of lace in the exact shape of my nails (not fun), or spending lots of cash at a manicurist.  Until  now, that is.  Enter Sally Hansen's Salon Effects nail polish strips.  Each little package is like getting your very own salon manicure in a box!


I was unimpressed with Sephora's pricier Chic Prints nail polish strips, so I honestly wasn't expecting much out of Sally Hansen's.  But they are brilliant!  For only $8.50 at WalMart (!!!), you get sixteen stick-on nail polish strips, a cuticle stick, and a nail file/buffer.  It did take some time to apply each sticker to my nails and shape them properly.  I wouldn't make the effort for a solid color, but for a lace effect (or leopard, or houndstooth) it's definitely worth it.  The stickers are made of real nail polish and stay on forever.  You'll get tired of it before it starts to chip, but if not, that's why there are extra strips included!  Out of every product I've tested to write about for Applied Glamour, Sally Hansen's Salon Effects is by far my favorite.  Quite a statement, no?

1 comment:

  1. glad to hear they work well-- I've been very curious to try the floral one.

    ReplyDelete