Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Sharpening Up Your Look with Pencils! For Your Eyebows, Lips, & Everything in Between

Lately I can't get enough of pencils! From my eyebrows to my lips, pencils are my new favorite way to apply my makeup. I've never been a big fan of them before, but these four products have completely changed my mind. 


Urban Decay 24/7 Concealer Pencil in DEA ($18): The pencil that started it all!  This concealer is creamy, blendable, and gives thick full coverage without that gunky "Ugh I have a ton of makeup on my face" feeling you sometimes get with other full coverage products.  It's my favorite formula by far, and even though I'll occasionally obsess over another concealer, I always come back to this one.  I wore my old Urban Decay concealer pencil down to a nub and recently acquired this shiny new pencil!  When someone buys a product twice, you know it's gotta be good.  

Sephora Ultra Vinyl Lip Pencil in Strawberry Delish ($12): I adore patent/vinyl anything, but I despise stickiness on my lips.  This incredible lip pencil gives my lips all the vinyl shine of a gloss I could ever want without the gross stickiness.  The glossiness does eventually wear off, but unlike lip gloss, this pencil leaves color behind so my lips aren't completely pale within two hours.  It's also fabulously moisturizing.  I definitely want more of these!

Rimmel Soft Kohl Kajal Eyeliner Pencil in Jet Black ($4): I've been devoted to my cheapie liquid eyeliner for so long, I forgot how glorious eyeliner pencils can be!  This one is perfect for smudgy sexy eyes and looks great on my waterline and lower lash line in a way that no liquid liner ever has.  And because it's super black kohl, it makes me feel like an Egyptian princess.  Bonus!

NYX Eye/Eyebrow Pencil in Velvet ($4): I initially purchased this as beige eyeliner, but quickly discovered it looks way better on my eyebrows!  I never thought an eyebrow pencil could be such a perfect match, but this is almost exactly the color of my hair and looks so natural.  For a while I considered having my pale-to-the-point-of-non-existent brows tinted, but changed my mind after using this pencil!  I swear, it's that good, and NYX has such a ridiculous variety of shades available, there's something to suit anyone.

L to R: Urban Decay Concealer, Sephora Lip Pencil, Rimmel Eyeliner, NYX Eyebrow Pencil

No comments:

Post a Comment