Monday, May 2, 2011

Interview: Jessica Brown

Photo by Sasha

If you aren't familiar with Jessica Brown's photography work, you are seriously missing out.  She started her very own business, MoonBelle Photography, just a short year-and-a-half ago and is quickly earning national recognition for her incredibly poignant and personal wedding shots.  If you're a gorgeous bride to be (or enjoy looking at lovely pictures), do yourself a favor and definitely go check out her portfolio!      

Jessica also adores makeup!  We can (and frequently do!) spend hours discussing NARS vs. MAC, Diorshow mascara vs. drugstore mascara, our current favorite nail polishes, and ways to keep our complexions glowing.  She believes in bargains and the importance of monthly facials ($15 at Ulta!  Go go go!).  She has incredible skin and looks fantastic with or without makeup.  Jessica got me hooked on Garnier's Anti Dark Circle Eye Roller and I'm planning to snap up Diorshow's Iconic mascara as per her suggestion.  What other beauty secrets does she have?  Keep reading!  And then go look at her website :)          



At what age did you first start wearing makeup?
Probably around fourteen. Before that there was mostly roll-on scented glitter gel and Bonnebell chapsticks. [Editor's note: Yep, me too!]


How did you learn to apply it?
My mother. She has a huge vanity area with wraparound lights, a full drawer of cosmetics, and an array of MAC brushes. Although when it counted, she applied for me. :)


What products were your favorite back then?
I loooved MAC face powders for their flawless coverage, but found that they tended to really clog my pores and lead to breakouts. I ended up switching to Bare Minerals.


What are your current favorites?
Dior-Iconic Mascara, Garnier Anti-Dark Circle Eye roller, NYC Color Wheel Mosaic Face Powder (a super cheap and gorgeous blush that smells like roses!), and a recently purchased Laura Mercier eye and cheek palette, Almay liquid eyeliner.

Photo by Sasha


What is your usual makeup routine?
Concealer, blush, a liquid liner cat-eye, a little bit of eyeshadow and, MASCARA. I have a love affair with mascara. :)

 
What product could you never live without?
Mascara. I can't (and don't want to) live without it. My favorite is Dior-Iconic but a less pricey alternative is Rimmel Sexy Curves. Dior is amazing if you can afford it. It has a built-in conditioner that keeps your lashes soft and supple while making them long, thick, and gorgeous. It keeps those with sensitive eyes from having issues with flaky mascara or eyelash breakoff.


Got a special tip or trick you'd like to share?
I put Vaseline on my eyelashes before I go to bed. It keeps my lashes hydrated, helps get off any excess makeup, and makes mascara go on silky smooth the next day. It's a trick I learned from my grandmother.


How do you take care of your skin?

My skin routine is very very simple. I use facial cleansing towelettes before bed, followed by Neutrogena Acne Stress Control Pads. When in the shower, I use Nivea for Men facial scrub. It smells amazing and has the best exfoliating power ever. I also get a facial every 4 weeks. :)


Who are your beauty inspirations?
Audrey Hepburn and Marilyn Monroe. I love the classic elegance of Hepburn and the sultry glamour of Monroe.

Photo by Sasha

1 comment:

  1. These photos are gorgeous
    Comment and follow and I'll follow back
    Inkfashionclothing.blogspot.com
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete