Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Josie Maran Magic Marker Lip & Cheek Stain

Josie Maran's Magic Marker Lip & Cheek Stains are proof that not all lip stains are created equal.  I had pretty much written off lip stains after Benetint didn't really do it for me and CoverGirl's lip stain turned out to be useless.   Josie Maran's Magic Markers have restored my faith in lip stains.  Isn't it amazing when you find a product that does exactly what it says it will?  That's how I feel about these.  They're wonderful.



As a lipstick enthusiast, I'm accustomed to checking and reapplying the color as needed, identifying my beverages by a lipstick-stained straw, and hurriedly trying to wipe it off before I can even think about kissing someone.  Magic Markers have completely changed all of that.  These stains last like nothing I've ever worn before!  Example: my favorite, most delicious sandwich in the world can also get quite messy, but even after devouring Newk's Q, my lips looked exactly as they did before I ate and my napkin was free of lipstick prints.  The color stayed pristine through cocktails and cake batter consumption (my BFF Marissa and I know how to have a good time), and while I haven't given these Magic Markers the "kiss test" yet, I've got high hopes they'll pass. 

I purchased Flamenco, a perfect cherry red, and Waltz, a gorgeous rose pink that's like my lips only better.  Here they are swatched, with Flamenco on top and Waltz below it. 

 
They're so much more vibrant in person!  Really, they make my mouth go POW!  Flamenco is my new favorite red shade and Waltz is my new go-to shade when red just isn't appropriate.  I love the dance-themed names, too!  (Fun fact: I'm an accomplished ballroom dancer...the waltz is my favorite!)

I feel especially good about buying Josie Maran products.  Her tagline is "luxury with a conscience", which I can definitely get behind and describes the Magic Marker lip stains to a T.  Plus, they're free of parabens, artificial fragrances, and are cruelty free, which I make a point to buy whenever possible.

The packaging insists they're for lips and cheeks, but I think blending out the lines would take some practice and effort.  If you aren't careful, you could end up with a war-paint look!  Waltz would make a stunning cheek color, though.  

One more minor drawback is that they're kind of drying, but that's de rigeur for most lip stains anyway.  I have a small arsenal of lip balms occupying my purse now, but I can deal.

Overall, I'm really thrilled with these new lip stains.  The colors and staying power are like no other lip color I've ever tried!  

3 comments:

  1. I've always been a fan of Josie Maran because her products are all natural. Which Sephora carries her line? I went to the two Sephoras in Bham, and neither of them carried her line. Have you tried Tarte's lip stains? I like those!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah I'd given up on lipstains b/c the benetint = useless, (sowwy but true) and I've found other brands to have rather gaudy colors. that pink one looks like fun, tho. once I have a paycheck...

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Chandra I think the one in the Galleria has her line. I had no idea she had makeup, too! I just thought it was skincare and argan oil. I actually was going to purchase Tarte's lip stains, but they didn't really impress me like JM's did!

    @Melina Haha I'm so glad I'm not the only one who thinks benetint is useless! I even tried it again the other day, but nope, still not worth $30. And CoverGirl's, oh man...I may as well have colored the outside of my lips with Crayola markers because that's exactly how it looked! eek.

    ReplyDelete