Friday, November 26, 2010

Mascara Review! Sephora's Advanced Lash Booster

Is it my imagination or have my eyelashes gotten longer?  This Advanced Lash Booster mascara from Sephora's eponymous house line of cosmetics contains a special lash growing serum right along with the mascara formula.  I've previously blogged about trying out a commercial eyelash growing serum here, but unfortunately that went as I expected and I've been using it, um, intermittently at best.  But an eyelash growing serum contained in a product I'm going to use on a daily basis anyway?   Genuis! 



I've been using Advanced Lash Booster almost a month now, and while I can't tell yet if my eyelashes have actually grown, this mascara certainly makes them look longer.  The formula lengthens, curls, and never, ever clumps.  It's pretty similar to Sephora's Atomic Lash but with a little less curl and tremendously more length.  I can't decide which I love more.  But these Sephora mascaras are, without a doubt, the best I've ever purchased.  You can't go wrong with either.

This lash growing serum within a mascara concept mostly got me wondering about other cosmetics that serve a dual purpose.  For example, I see different foundation formulas offering up anti-aging properties and acne fighting components.  Do these actually work?  I can't imagine that an anti-aging foundation could replace intense retinol and vitamin creams, but it couldn't hurt, right?  I'm definitely intrigued.

What sort of dual purpose products have you tried?  What have been your experiences?       

No comments:

Post a Comment