Friday, November 5, 2010

Lipstick Rescue!

The lipstick was brand new.  I'd purchased it for my Halloween costume (Joan from Mad Men- I needed lipstick that would flatter red hair!) and had been wearing it even after the party was over.  The color was also flattering for my blonde hair and subtle, perfect for days when my favorite red lipstick was just a little too much.  I wore it to a fundraising event where I volunteered and kept it tucked in the pocket of my jacket throughout the day.  A few hours later when I needed to reapply, I discovered my lipstick looked like this:


Nooo!  There is also lipstick gunked up inside the cap : (

What to do?!  I found this new kit from Sephora that can save the day!  It's an empty lipstick palette to fill with your own colors that comes with a tiny spoon and silicone cup.  You just scoop your messed-up lipstick into the silicone cup, follow microwaving instructions to melt the lipstick, and pour into one of eight wells in the palette!  This is also ridiculously useful for getting that last bit of lipstick out of the bottom of the tube so it doesn't go to waste, or for mixing and creating your own shades.  I can't wait to rescue my fallen lipstick and get the most of out my favorite Chanel red that's nearly gone.

Photo: Sephora.com


What do you think about this innovation?  Is it genius and something you'd like to try?

1 comment:

  1. I think it's brilliant! =O I'm going to buy one for myself right away! I've got some really great lipsticks that broke in half, and I try to do my best with them because I love the colors, but this is a really great solution. Thanks so much for sharing! <3

    ReplyDelete