Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Hamarikyu Gardens Solid Perfume Pencil



Do you guys like solid perfumes?  I've never been a big fan; there's an "ick" factor for me in applying certain products with my fingers, and solid perfumes just happen to be one of them.  That disappears, however, with these lovely solid perfume pencils from Anthropologie.  Each of the six fragrances in the A Rather Novel Collection is inspired by a different flavor of tea found around the world.  There's 1856 Darjeeling, Silk Road Caravan, Cape of Good Hope, Taverns & The Hague, 5 O'Clock at Belvoir Castle, and the one I picked up, Hamarikyu Gardens.

Each scent smelled amazing and as exotic as the locales that inspired them, but Hamarikyu Gardens appealed to me the most.  I have no idea why; I don't usually go for "fresh" scents and I don't care for green tea, but something about it was incredibly familiar and almost comforting.  It's a bright fragrance with notes of lemon and bergamot zest, verbena, and amber for warmth and to counteract all those citrus and tea notes.  I love it.

And I love the pencil applicator!  When the perfume wears down, you just tug the strings to tear the paper and it comes off in a nice twirl that's scented enough to use as a sachet for my car or purse.  Plus the perfume pencils are ridiculously affordable at only $10!  A word of caution, though: it may be tempting to tote this around in your purse, but DON'T.  Mine broke.  Don't let this happen to you!  It's still holding together by the paper coating, but of course I'd much rather it be intact.  Lesson learned.

Have you tried these solid perfumes?  Which is your favorite?  Do you like solid perfumes in general? 

No comments:

Post a Comment